Our mission is to help you and your loved ones remain independent and living at home for as long as possible. Falling is a catalyst for 40% of all nursing home admissions. In addition, falling is a cause of accidental deaths among people 75 years of age and older. Therefore, by helping you stay on your feet, we can help you or your loved one live longer and stay at home longer!
Most Falls Can Be Prevented
The following tips can help reduce your risk of falling:
- Tell your healthcare provider if have fallen in the last year and how you fell.
- Talk with your doctor and pharmacist about the medications you take.
- Tell your healthcare provider if you feel weak in the legs or have other problems with your legs or feet.
- Tell your doctor if you are experiencing vision or hearing loss.
We may also be able to help by providing information in the following ways:
- Fall Prevention Seminars that we provide to groups of seniors most at risk of falling.
- A no-cost Fall Risk Self-Assessment Interview that results in an outline of ways to minimize your or your loved one’s fall risk.
- Complementary brochures on topics such as Your Guide to Fall Prevention and Your Guide to Fall Recovery.
- Equipment in the home to assist you or your loved one during high risk activities, such as bathing and showering.