Safely transitioning from a hospital or rehab stay back home with assistance from Living at Home SeniorCare can make all the difference in ensuring a healthy start to recovery.
The riskiest time for a hospital readmission is within 30 days from the date of discharge. You can dramatically reduce the risk of a hospital readmission by taking steps that ensure the cause or causes of the initial hospitalization are not repeated. Our trained staff of nurses and home health aides will help you or your loved ones prepare and follow a care plan to address your unique health issues. This will greatly reduce the chance of a medical emergency or hospital readmission.
A transitions care plan would typically address the following needs:
- Coordination of a discharge date and time with medical staff
- Updated medication regimes upon discharge
- Transportation from the hospital or rehab to your home
- Home risk assessment and recommendation to eliminate environmental risks
- Food shopping and meal preparation appropriate for each patient
- Medication reminders
- Monitoring of symptoms
- Range of motion exercises to rebuild strength and promote independence
- Transfer and ambulation assistance
- Assistance with personal care
- Assistance maintaining a clean, safe, and healthful home environment
Living at Home SeniorCare will also provide referrals to trustworthy outside resources for home medical equipment, home modifications, and financial support.
Depending on the level of care needed, you or your loved one can continue to live safe at home for a fraction of the cost of an assisted living or nursing home admission.